Mainly, these are SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) and impedance measurement instruments (vector impedance analyzers).
Easy-to use measurement modes, as well as additional features such as connection to a personal computer (to plot Smith diagrams, etc.), make RigExpert AA-30 and AA-54 attractive for professionals and hobbyists. It is quite important that graphical display of various parameters over a wide frequency range is a key feature of these analyzers which significantly reduces the time required to adjust an antenna.
The following tasks are easily accomplished by using RigExpert AA-30 and AA-54:
– Rapid check-out of antenna;
– Tuning an antenna to resonance;
– Antenna SWR and impedance measurement and comparison before and after specific event (rain, hurricane, etc.);
– Making coaxial lines or measuring their parameters;
– Cable testing and fault location;
– Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads