Работа на Мальдивах (12 месяцев с продлением)
Location : Male’, MALDIVES
Application Deadline : 12-May-11
Additional Category Management
Type of Contract : FTA International
Post Level : P-3
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months
|UN WOMEN has been supporting the Maldives in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment. It is a signatory to the Maldives UN Development Assistance Framework Action Plan (UNDAF) 2011 – 2015, and is particularly committed to achieving Outcome 15 on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment: “Improved individual, institutional and systemic capacities to promote gender equality and non-discrimination, and to empower women and girls to enjoy their rights in all spheres of life in line with national commitments by 2015.” Since UN WOMEN does not have a resident presence in the Maldives, the position of the International Gender Specialist has been created to manage support of UN WOMEN to the achievement of the UNDAF outcome.
The Gender Specialist has the primary responsibility for managing the activities in support of UNDAF Outcome 15. She/ he will advise the UN Resident Coordinator, the Regional Programme Director of UN WOMEN and the UN Country Team on the gender issues and how best to address these. The Gender Specialist will also support the mainstreaming of gender across programmes and thematic areas of UN-Maldives and coordination of interventions related to gender equality and the empowerment of women. This involves strengthening the understanding on and facilitation of, gender mainstreaming as a process, taking into account gender dimensions in all of the UN’s policy, programme and organizational procedures.
The position of the Gender Specialist is located in the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator, Maldives. The Gender Specialist works in close collaboration with the UN-WOMEN South Asia Sub Regional Office (SARO), based in India.
The Gender Specialist will report to both:
• The Resident Coordinator (RC) in terms of day-to-day work and priorities, including with regard to the overall gender situation, as well as relations with government, civil society and UN system partners.
• The Regional Programme Director of UN WOMEN with regard to progress of UN WOMEN-supported programmes/projects/activities to the UNDAF
Duties and Responsibilities
|1. Provide support (including physical and financial progress monitoring) to UNRC and Regional Programme Director of UN-Women SARO in the management of the UN Women’s activities in the Maldives, especially those in the UNDAF Action Plan, that include but not limited to the following:
• Assist the development of operational guidelines, directives and manuals for mainstreaming gender and inclusion
• Assist 2-3 sectors on gender budget analysis
• Provide support to the drafting and the revision of laws to be compliant with human rights instruments
• Monitor and advocate the government for the implementation of CEDAW Concluding Comments; Review and revisit the government’s action plan to implement CEDAW Concluding Comments
• Support the implementation of the SG’s UNite Campaign: Develop communication and advocacy strategy segmented by audience and assist the key stakeholders to implement age-appropriate and culturally sensitive activities to raise awareness on gender equality, women’s rights and empowerment, including violence against women
• Desk review of training institutes and their curricula from a gender perspective
• Support a study tour for women parliamentarians
• Support the development of a women’s manifesto
2. Support UNRC Maldives in mainstreaming gender strategically, focusing on the following results:
• Support the UNCT in the drafting of a Gender Strategy for the UNDAF 2011 – 2013, in consultation with all relevant national and international partners.
• Draft and/or review UN programme or policy documents to ensure that gender is mainstreamed
• Analyze gender-related linkages of UN Programmes and identify capacity-building initiatives for both the UN and the Implementing Partners.
• Coordinate inclusion of gender specific objectives, indicators, targets and activities in the UNDAF Action Plan and related Annual/Biannual Work Plans.
• Develop gender-responsive toolkits and checklist for monitoring and evaluation. Support the review and evaluation of UNDAF in respect of the gender-related targets.
• Carry out gender analysis and/or audit as an integral part of the planning process to ensure gender perspective across all thematic areas of the UNDAF Action Plan.
• Develop UNCT performance indicators and targets to enhance gender-responsive UN programming and operations and support UNCT in developing tools to monitor progress and achieve targets towards this end.
• Analyze the gender situation, flag gender issues and concerns, and recommend ways to address these.
3. Assist UNRC in building understanding and capacity of the UN in Maldives on gender mainstreaming, working with the Gender Working Group and other inter-agency groups, and relevant development partners focusing on the following results:
• Organize, facilitate and act as a resource person in training events to enhance the capacity of UN Staff and partners in gender mainstreaming. Develop training modules and/or review/update/utilize existing gender training modules.
• Set up dialogue between colleagues across the Theme Groups on gender in their work either individually or in a group;
• Help Theme Groups develop action plans to address the needs of women in Maldives through detailed analysis of available data, UN thematic evaluation and assessment reports; Support formulation of clear and measurable goals and expected outcomes related to gender equality and women’s empowerment, focusing on impacts rather than completion of activities.
• Work with TGs, the RCO and other UNCT groups to ensure that the agenda of internal meetings, as well as UN-convened special events, and seminars and workshops with stakeholders from Government and civil society are appropriately engendered;
• Support the strengthening of donor coordination to ensure alignment and complementarities between the government and other donors’ gender strategies and UN activities.
• Contribute to strengthening the internal as well as external understanding of the Delivering as One approach on gender, e.g. through contribution to UN advocacy materials
• Coordinate follow-up on gender-related issues discussed in UNCT and UNDAF coordination meetings
• Perform other coordination duties as assigned by the UNRC, including briefings, speeches and reports on issues pertaining to gender and the Resident Coordinator System and the Delivering as One approach
4. Provide support to UN-Women in creation of partnerships
• Maintain a roster/ database of gender and capacity development experts with appropriate subject specializations, language skills and field experience.
• Liaise with UN-Women focal points in South Asia for advisory services and sharing of information / best practices.
• Establish/enhance partnerships with government, donor, and civil society on gender equality
• Coordinate follow up to Dhaka Resolution adopted at the Seventh South Asia Regional Ministerial Conference Commemorating Beijing (3-5 October 2010), UNESCAP-UN Women capacity development workshops for National Women’s Machinery and report steps taken by Government and the UN in Maldives.
• Follow up on the SAARC Gender InfoBase, and other relevant national documents such as the National Gender Mainstreaming Policy and Strategic Action Plan (SAP), and recommendations from the CEDAW Committee to the Govt. of Maldives
• Follow up on grants under the UN Trust Fund on EVAW and the Fund for Gender Equality
5. Assist in knowledge building and sharing in the UNCT focusing on achievement of the following result
• Promote awareness and dissemination of relevant resource materials on gender mainstreaming to UN staff, including compilation of information on gender policies of donors and government
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
• Aid in the preparing of relevant summary information on the gender dimensions on UN activities and distribute as appropriate. Analyze and disseminate lessons learned through websites, newsletters and other tools
• Work closely with the UN Communications Group to help them create networks of media members sensitive to gender issues and to brief both media and practitioners on UN-Women’s priorities and activities
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP/UN/UN-Women
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Displays understanding of gender issues and methodologies to promote gender equality
• Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Shares knowledge and experience
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
• Ability to support gender mainstreaming activities across various thematic areas
• Good knowledge of development programming and project management skills and procedures
• Strong IT skills
• Strong team working skills and interpersonal relations
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to participatory and consultative approaches, strong analytical skills and capability for effective advocacy.
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
|• Master’s degree in social sciences, gender studies, development studies or other subjects of relevance
• At least 5 years of experience is desirable in: Understanding of gender in the context of human development and Experience in developing and implementing gender mainstreaming strategies, and training
• UN experience, particularly in development programming in South Asia would be an asset.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
• Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
P.S. Еще видел предложение поработать ITшником в Папуа Новой Гвинее, но там мелковатый грейд.
This entry was posted in Life
and tagged job
, jobs offer
. Bookmark the permalink