Is a portable near pocket sized STANDALONE (no computer required) “Wide Coverage” DSP radio receiver using SDR software (software defined). Includes it’s own color 3.5 inch LCD touch screen , internal lithium ion battery with charging circuit and constructed in a robust lightweight metal case. Also contains a fairly large built in speaker on it’s real panel. Most importantly it was designed to be sold at a reasonable price. Yes, it is truly designed and constructed in Russia.
It was developed by :
– Georgiy Yatsuk – RX9CIM (Idea, DSP and general circuit design)
– Vladimir Gordienko – R6DAN (GUI and Control)
– Vadim Burlakov – R6DCY (schematic refinement, wiring, construction)
– Igor Naumenko (troubleshooting).
Key Features as listed in the Owners Manual :
1. SDR Architecture – The functionality is determined by on board software.
2. Frequency Coverage : 10 kHz to 250 MHz and from 400 MHz to 2 GHz. (low 10 hz coverage was added with 1.10d Rev2 firmware)
3. Receiving Modes : AM, USB, LSB, NFM, WFM (adding CW, DSB and Synchronous Detection modes with firmware 1.10b).
4. Additional Features : RDS function with firmware 1.0b and up. Built in Morse Code Decoder, Variable filter width, adaptive squelch, threshold squelch, Noise Blanker, AGC, equalizer, FM Stereo with headphones (adding auto notch filter with firmware 1.10b for SSB modes and 1.10c for AM mode).
5. Mirics MSi001 multi mode tuner IC to achieve low cost.
6. Powerful STM32H743 Microprocessor with a clock frequency of 480 MHz.
7. 3.5-inch display with a capacitive touchscreen.
8. Built-in selectable pre-amp.
9. Receiver control is achieved with 2 FRONT mounted rotary mechanical encoders (push in type) with a LCD touch screen.
10. Operational Power provided by internal lithium ion battery and or via USB (charging via USB). Capacity of the built-in battery is at least 1500mAh.
11. Low Power consumption – 300mA when using headphones.
12. Top mounted female SMA jack for use with telescopic or external antennas.
NOTE : For improved HF reception with the (high impedance) telescopic antenna an board is (was?) available at an additional cost.
This additional PC board adds :
– 4 “Front End” filters:
– LPF 500kHz
– Bandpass filter 500-1500kHz
– Bandpass filter 1500-4500 kHz
– HPF 4500 kHz
– An attenuator, adjustable in the range of 0-30dB with a step of 1dB.
– A source repeater with switching elements.
(The optional board was designed to fit inside the regular receiver case. These features and more provided with later DSP2 model as stock. See bottom of this page for details).
13. Micro B USB for connection to a computer with the ability to transfer CAT, IQ and audio.
14. 160 kHz spectrum display span with scalability.
15. Sensitivity – 0.3 μV at frequencies up to 1 GHz.
16. Dynamic range approx. 85dB, due to characteristics of the Mirics MSi001 IC.
17. Robust aluminum body.
18. Display backlight control.
19. Dimensions : 120 x 88 x 39mm (4.72 x 3.46 x 1.53 inches).
DSP Noise Cancelling Speakers DESKTOP MKII Dramatically reduce noise and interference and hear more clearly!
Now includes the latest bhi DSP noise cancelling technology for even better receive audio!
The bhi DESKTOP MKII 10 Watt amplified DSP noise...
WOLFWAVE Digital Ausio Filter WOLFWAVE DIGITAL AUDIO FILTER - PROCESSING OF THE AUDIO SIGNAL
The Wolfwave is a digital audio filter that very efficiently improves the intelligibility of a received signal. This is achieved by multi-level...
RFinder LLC B1-Plus
Radio: 136-174, 400-490Mhz, FM Wide/Narrow, DMR Tier II
Suitable Industry: Amateur Radio
HT Transceiver: 4Watts DMR+Analog, VHF / UHF