Station Master DeLuxe™ the big brother of Station Master™ and has all its capabilities but provides a more ergonomic user interface with large 240×64 LCD, multiple programmable buttons and stacked antenna support. Station Master DeLuxe is designed for large single radio stations with multiple rotators and stacks, advanced SO2R stations requiring full control and ergonomic setup for each radio position, and all multi-station setups.
The feature that sets Station Master DeLuxe (SMD) apart is network operation. Multiple SMD units can be linked over a reliable, low latency “uLink” (RS-485) bus independent of the computer LAN network. uLINK supports up to 16 SMD controllers (8 SO2R operating positions or 16 single radio operating positions in any combination). Each linked SMD can simultaneously access up to 128 uLink interface modules.
The uLINK bus can be up to 4000 ft (1.2 km) using CAT5 cable – enough to comfortably link a complete multi-op station including the antenna farm. uLINK interface modules are small, remotely located, dedicated function devices – relay output module, RS232 module, rotator control module, stepper motor module, etc. – to control end point devices like antenna switches, stack switches, beverage switches, rotator controllers, motors, matching
networks, and more.
Station Master DeLuxe includes a user configurable system of hierarchical priorities and lockouts which allow sharing the endpoint devices among multiple stations without collisions and damage.
– Fully stand alone operation, independent of the logging computer and LAN.
– Compatible with all microHAM “keyers.” Advanced integration with MKII and MK2R.
– Special handling of “shared” devices – e.g., mutiband antennas, shared amplifiers, SteppIR antennas.
– Maintais three antenna path/status: Receiver 1, Receiver 2, and transmit antenna.
– Support for stacked antennas including complex topologies (e.g., stacked stacks).
– Configurable interlocks to prevent damage and support various operation styles (contest rules: one transmiter, one transmitter with multiplier , multi-multi, etc.).
– Intelligent rotator control including linked/slave rotators, rotator over rotator, or rotator on rotary tower.
– Special support for receive antennas.
Antennas Remote Lightning Protection
Amateur Radio Antenna Remote Disconnect for Lightning Protection from alk on Vimeo.
Video by Art K4FWJ
A single lightning strike can destroy thousands of dollars worth of radio equipment. Experienced...