DZKit Is Bringing Back The Tradition And Fun Of Building Complex Kits
Frequency range: 500 kHz to 30 MHz
Modes: SSB, CW, AM, FM, (Digital via optional embedded PC)
CW/SSB Sensitivity: 0.5uV for 10dB S/N (preamp1 on, PSBTM off)
, 0.16uV with both preamps, 14MHz
MDS (PSB off): -110/-120/-130dBm (preamps: off/1/both) (4.5kHz roofing filter, 400Hz filters at 2nd and 3rd IF, measured at 14MHz)
MDS (PSB on): -115/-125/-135dBm (preamps: off/1/both) (4.5kHz roofing filter, 400Hz filters at 2nd and 3rd IF, measured at 14MHz)
BDR: >105dB at spacings greater than 1kHz, >121dB at spacings of 5kHz and greater (preamps off, 4.5kHz roofing filter and 400Hz IF filters)
IMDDR3: 87dB irrespective of spacing (>=5kHz) and preamps (4.5kHz roofing filter, 400Hz filters at 2nd and 3rd IF, measured at 14MHz)
Noise Blanker: Variable threshold; three pulse widths (30us, 65us, 2ms) selectable from menu
Freq stability: +/-1 ppm (0-50C) after 30 minute warm-up, using included TCXO
Image rejection: >80dB
IF rejection: >80dB
Tx IMD: 10W: 3rd order: -38dB, 5th order: -56dB
T/R turnaround time: 10ms
FM modulation: frequency modulated carrier with 300Hz-3kHz pre-emphasis; deviation settable in menu to +/-2.0, +/-4.0 or +/-5.0kHz
FM transmit filter: 12kHz 4-pole crystal filter at the 10.7MHz IF
FM receive IF: 455kHz, includes two ECS LTM455DU 4-pole +/-10kHz ceramic filters (can be replaced with filters as narrow as +/-3kHz)
FM receive de-emphasis: 3kHz
Displayed resolution: 1 or 10 Hz (internal resolution is sub-Hz)
Tuning step size: 1, 10, 100, 1k, 10k Hz
RIT, XIT range: +/-16MHz from displayed frequency, with two speeds, with no effect on transmitter performance
Memories: 147, including 85 programmable GP memories preset to desired bandplan, one scratchpad preset to WWV, all accessible using external keypad, front panel switch or PC, 5 VFOA memories per band and one VFOB memory. 10 12-character CW memories with selectable Farnsworth mode output, enterable as text in menus, selectable via external keypad or front panel switch
Mic input impedance: 10K Ohms balanced, compatible with 150-600 ohm mics; separate 600 ohm mic/line input on back panel, can be mixed with main mic input. Separate gain controls for each mic. Be sure to remove the short from low to chassis in most XLR cables when using Elite Class mics.
CW/SSB/AM Receive IF frequencies: 70.0 MHz (70.455MHz with optional Inrad roofing filter), 9.0 MHz, 455 KHz
CW/SSB/AM IF Filter selection: (see Inrad web site for filter specs; NOTE: Optional Inrad filters must be mounted on Yaesu-compatible “C” boards (except the Collins 455kHz/5.8KHz mechanical filter and 9MHz/6kHz AM filter). If ordering directly from Inrad, be sure to specify this option.)
AM/SSB Transmit IF frequency: 10.73MHz, includes 12th order fixed SSB filter, 7th order fixed 5kHz AM filter
CW/FM Transmit IF frequency: 10.7MHz, includes 12kHz 4-pole crystal filter
Broadband IF frequency output: 455kHz +/-250kHz, 50 ohms
Transverter output: -40dBm to 0dBm (1mW, 50 ohms)
Stereo audio output power: 1.5W/ch (available even while using headphones) (6W to external speakers using MIO board and internal PC)
Linear control I/O: TX Enable in, TXGND out, TTL band data, fuse-protected 12V@250mA, Yaesu band data connector pinout
External ALC input (0 to -5v)
Antenna tuner option: L-type, matches 6-800 ohm unbalanced line to 10:1 SWR, 200 memories, tuning time < 0.1sec for memory, 20sec max
Chroma DSP (audio DSP – autonotch, variable bandwidth filters, NR, AGC) software from Silicon Pixels included with PC option
DC power requirements (models with front panel): 2.5A receive (11-15v), 6A transmit @10W (12-15V), 22A transmit @100W output (13.8-15V) (PC option adds 2-4A depending on model, front panel-less models use 500mA less)
Dimensions: 3.5″H x 14″W x 16″D (feet located in a 12.25″ x 14.0″ area)
Weight: 10 lbs (without PC or 100W amplifier), 12 lbs with PC and 100W amp
Preassembled boards: Advantech 4.0″ x 5.7″ Biscuit PC, ATX power supply, MIO-6254, controller,
Complete kit boards: DC power distribution, antenna tuner, front panel, IF filters, 100W amp, RS232
Partially preassembled kit boards: receiver, transmitter, receiver and transmitter bandpass filter motherboards, bandpass filters (tx and rx),
All cables are preassembled and tested
Specifications subject to change without notice.
A few of the many things that make the Sienna stand out:
* Triple conversion general coverage receive
* SO2R capable; Tx and Rx paths are completely separate; external receiver audio input on back panel allows audio to be fed to either or both speakers, with built-in receiver going only to the right speaker when “dual” button is pushed
* 1.7 MHz high pass filter helps eliminate front-end overload from strong broadcast band stations
* Two Atmel Mega644P microprocessors control the rig – the optional, internal, upgradeable PC adds:
– audio DSP (autonotch, variable passband audio filters, AGC, noise reduction; ChromaDSP included)
– alphanumeric memories
– digital modes
– VGA, Ethernet, RS-232C, PS/2 and USB ports (and DVI, S-Video, composite video, 6W speaker outputs with MIO-6254 option)
– Windows XP or Linux O/S runs any ham or commercial applications using sound card
– elimination of “rig interface” boxes and ground loop problems, cleans up your PC-rig wiring mess
* Simultaneous paddle and manual key inputs on the rear panel (and front panel on SF models)
* Separate dot and dash weighting, pitch, sidetone volume and speed controls on (SF models)
* Nice blue-green vacuum fluorescent display plus high-res color VGA of any size you want (SF-100 models with PC)
* Simultaneous headphone and speaker usage, with separate volume controls and built-in 2.5W stereo speakers
* Two backlit analog meters (SF models)
* Velvet smooth tuning knobs (SF models)
* Intuitive, single-level, alphanumeric menus
* Alert when operating outside your operating privileges
* High quality parts throughout and no IC sockets. Sockets are prone to corrosion and can make radios inoperable when condensation forms. There is no need for IC sockets in quality equipment these days. Our high quality PC boards are able to withstand a couple of IC extractions should you accidentally install one wrong. Just another thing we do to make sure your kit works right all the time!
* Chassis and all boards except the internal PC and VFD manufactured in the U.S. Designed by U.S. engineers in the U.S.
* Best of all — it’s a kit! You build most or all of 8 out of 11 PC boards, assemble the 10-piece chassis, complete the wiring and install any pre-built options, such as the PC and IF filters.
Sienna Model S-100X 100W transceiver shown with Heil PR-781 mic, Kent TP-1 paddles, 12-button keypad, monitor, wireless keyboard, USB mouse, and wireless USB hub. Ham Radio Deluxe freeware is shown on the display. This “faceless” model now includes the mic and headphone jacks.
10W TRANSCEIVER $2098 (S-100L)
10W XCVR w/Tuner $2287 (S-100E)
100W XCVR $2497 (S-100H)
100W XCVR w/Tuner $2686 (S-100X)
Be sure to also order the receive bandpass filter for the bands you want to use ($20/band, 11 bands, or $185 for the set).
Note:receivers can be upgraded to transceivers by adding the transmitter and other options, but also require a controller board upgrade, which adds $199. This extra cost has already been included in transceiver models.
K9AY loops HF Antenna Kit by RemoteQTH.com The K9AY is terminated loop. It consists of a wire loop of any convenient shape (diamond, delta, etc), hung from a single support and with a ground rod at the bottom. A 9:1 impedance-matching transformer...
W3YY FSK/CW Optically Isolated PC Interface
This page describes an FSK/CW PC interface that will allow a PC to key your transmitter producing either a pure FSK or CW signal. The interface is fully optically isolated and RF filtered. Interface...
OHR 100A single band CW transceiver kit
The Oak Hills Research OHR 100A single band CW transceiver kit is offered in 80, 40, 30, 20, and 15 Meter versions. Each can be aligned to cover 70-80Khz in a fairly wide band, but here are the defaults...