The PMSDR is a small, low-cost, HF bands full coverage “Software Defined Radio” receiver that use a computer USB port and delivers I-Q audio signals to the PC’s sound card and one of the few SDR-receivers with full coverage from 0,1 to 72 MHz. It was designed by Martin Pernter IW3AUT and it’s similar to the “SOFTROCK XTALL project”, but with some improvements and many features. This way a great many hams can listening all shortwave bands that can be achieved by having just a low cost hardware working with a lot of powerful (free) software on the PC. A powerful DLL Interface provide the PMSDR as bidirectional tunable Panadapter, and many possibilities to interface the PMSDR to other software and/or transceivers.
Photo by IW3AUT
– Continuously tunable within the entire HF-spectrum: standard tuning range: 0,1 – 72 MHz
– Extendend tuning range up to 165Mhz with reduced sensivity (by 13dB@144MHz) through the 3th harmonic mode
– Sensivity (MDS) @72MHz = -121dBm (0,2uV@50Ohm) (soundcard: EMU0202, (S+N)/N = 3dB and BW=2400Hz SSB)
An external preselector is recommended for frequencies below 2MHz and for the 3th harmonic Mode.
– IF amplifier output clipping level: 2,45Vp @ -13dBm RF input level
– IF (I and Q output signal) bandwidth: 155 kHz @ -6dB
– Power supply : 5V / 155mA (+15mA with LCD module)
– USB2.0 interface (Full speed), only USB powered (no external supply are required)
– high speed divider CYPRESS CY22393 (for the tuning range from 0,1 to 2,5 Mhz)
– low jitter clock generator SILICON LABS Si570 LVDS (smooth tuning steps not available above 70 MHz)
– interface for optional LCD
– interface for optional boards (downconverter, preselector, switchboard ecc.)
– 3 Bandpass filter on board + 1 Lowpass filter on board + filter bypass (broadband input)
– IF-Chain with rail-to-rail OP-AMPS for 5V
– I/Q outputs for PC Sound card
– PIC18F4550 Controller with USB-Bootloader
– DLL support trough USB interface for Winrad by I2PHD, PowerSDR-IQ and other SDR applications
– PCB: dual layer, 100 x 100mm
A preassembled kit and more are available on RF-SYSTEM ‘s webshop.
K9AY loops HF Antenna Kit by RemoteQTH.com The K9AY is terminated loop. It consists of a wire loop of any convenient shape (diamond, delta, etc), hung from a single support and with a ground rod at the bottom. A 9:1 impedance-matching transformer...
W3YY FSK/CW Optically Isolated PC Interface
This page describes an FSK/CW PC interface that will allow a PC to key your transmitter producing either a pure FSK or CW signal. The interface is fully optically isolated and RF filtered. Interface...
OHR 100A single band CW transceiver kit
The Oak Hills Research OHR 100A single band CW transceiver kit is offered in 80, 40, 30, 20, and 15 Meter versions. Each can be aligned to cover 70-80Khz in a fairly wide band, but here are the defaults...