The Model 1000 is a protection system that continuously monitors the atmosphere within about a 2-mile radius. When lightning is detected within that range and, reaches an intensity that is likely to cause equipment damage, the System automatically performs the following functions simultaneously.
Lightning Detection Equipment Protection system with Remote Detector Unit.
Patented technology reacts to the threat of equipment damage! Bargraph display lets you visually monitor atmospheric disturbances in real time! Automatic operation-no intervention needed.
The Model 1000 is a solid-state lightning detection and protection system which functions to automatically disconnect/isolate and/or interrupt/shunt the protected equipment electrical I/Os for selectable periods of time upon the detection of lightning. It then automatically restores all connections when the danger is past. Available in 120 or 240 Volt.
• Straight forward, step-by-step installation
• Bargraph LED displays lets you visually monitor atmospheric disturbances in “real time”
• Protected AC Power Source 10 AMPS- 1200 Watts Max
• Exclusive Tri-Disconnect to combat low side surges
• Built-in resettable digital counter stores and reports number of equipment disconnect cycles
• Standard terminal block connectors for phone, intercom, or control/data line equipment protection
• Push-button test and reset capability for disconnect/protect function
• Full complement of LED indicators for “Status-at-a Glance” operation
• Remote Detector Unit has protection circuitry for the detector during potentially damaging conditions and “heartbeat” test feature to continuously verify detector operation
• Standard 3-wire female AC receptacle for equipment power source connection
• Standard terminal block connections for additional equipment disconnect switchers.
• 8 foot heavy duty power cord
• Battery back-up for uninterrupted protection, even when power is off “Detector Look Up” timer assures equipment is disconnected/protected until threat passes Optional audible alert for personnel notification of equipment disconnect/protect status
• User selectable disconnect detector look-up timers “Self -Protect” function: Unit disconnects/isolates itself from AC power line when in protect mode and operates on internal battery power source
· 120/240 VAC, 50-60HZ Input Power
· Maximum 10 AMPS Equipment Power Source
· Maximum 1 AMP @ 12 VDC Power Source for additional/optional equipment disconnect/ protect switchers
· Maximum 2 AMP dry switching contacts for telephone, intercom, or data equipment protection: up to 6 pair or 12 conductors
· Disconnect timer user selectable: 0.4 minutes minimum – 20 minutes maximum, after last detected strike
The Model 1000 Equipment Protection System for Business & lndustry
The quantity and complexity of electronic and electrical equipment used in the wide variety of businesses and industries today continues to grow as more and more new technology products become available. Business offices are no longer just typewriters and copying machines; agriculture facilities are no longer just plows and sprinklers; schools are no longer just desks and chalkboards. Even in the home, the equipment is not limited to home appliances and entertainment. The popular and increasing trend in telecommuting and home offices has added a significant amount of expensive equipment that personal incomes now depend on.
Equipment such as computers, fax machines, intercom & paging systems, telephones & radio systems, irrigation & pump controls, alarm systems, CCTV & security systems, watering & environmental controls, etc., are all susceptible to damage from induced voltages from lightning. This equipment represents a very significant investment, regardless of the size of the operation. Many times, the ability to operate is adversely affected or even stopped when equipment is damaged by lightning. The protection of these valuable assets from lightning presented new challenges due to the common use of extremely sensitive microelectronic components in just about everything that has a power cord, telephone line, or coax cable connected to it. Rabun Labs responded to this challenge by developing this system.
The Model 1000 is a protection system that continuously monitors the atmosphere within about a 2-mile radius. When lightning is detected within that range and, reaches an intensity that is likely to cause equipment damage, the System automatically performs the following functions simultaneously:
1. For equipment/systems that must remain in operation during an electrical storm, the System can initiate the automatic start-up of a stand-by generator and/or switch equipment to a UPS operation. Both of these secondary power sources isolate the equipment from the commercial power source. This mode of operation would remain in effect for a minimum of 6 minutes after the last detected lightning strike. Equipment operation is then automatically switched back to normal operation and the stand-by generator shut down.
2. Disconnects/isolates circuits providing power to the AC outlets where selected non-critical, but sensitive equipment is plugged in, from the AC power source, and grounds those outlets for a minimum of 6 minutes or until the storm moves a safe distance away. The System then automatically restores all connections and normal equipment operation resumes. This would also include isolating AC power from irrigation systems and non-critical motors.
3. Disconnects/isolates/grounds the control wiring to remote located/operated equipment (i.e. card readers, gate controls, CCTV cameras, pan &tilt units, valves/hopper controls, load cells, etc.) that connects the remote equipment to a control location. The disconnect/isolate/grounding action can be as short as 0.4 seconds each time a lightning strike is detected (so, in effect, the equipment remains in operation) to a complete equipment shut-down for 20 minutes or until the storm moves a safe distance away, then automatically restores all connections and normal equipment operation resumes. Isolating, then grounding the wiring going to remote located equipment from its associated control equipment, even for short periods (i.e. 0.4 seconds) each time a lightning strike is detected, assures that any lightning-induced voltage in the wiring is safely dissipated to ground and not fed directly into either the remote-located or control equipment, that would likely cause damage.
4. The protection of intercom and paging systems, telephone equipment, modems ‘ and fax machines is also addressed. Each time a nearby lightning strike is detected, the System performs a 0.4-second “interrupt action,” which automatically shunts the telephone and/or intercom line to ground for approximately 0.4 seconds, then restores. If you are using the telephone when this occurs, it sounds like a “call waiting” click. You do not lose your connection, your equipment, or your hearing from the loud “pop” lightning can cause to be present in a telephone ear-piece or operator headset. In addition the System can automatically switch the telephone, intercom, etc., to operate from a stand-by power source, such as a UPS, to isolate equipment from damage via AC power wiring. Normal operation is automatically restored once the storm moves a safe distance away.
5. For radio and/or satellite equipment, the System has a coax switching relay that isolates the antenna from the radio transceiver and/or the satellite receiving equipment, including wiring to the motor. The System can either disconnect the equipment (isolate & ground the antenna), or, if operation of the radio or satellite cannot be interrupted, the System can place the equipment on a standby power source, such as a UPS or generator, then isolate and switch the antenna to ground for 0.4 seconds each time a lightning strike is detected. Once the storm is a safe distance away, normal operation resumes.
The System has a continuous, automatic test capability that verifies system operation. If an abnormal operation is detected, the system has a built-in audible alert for annunciation and can also place connected equipment in the protect mode until the abnormality is corrected. Also, you can push a button and simulate what happens when lightning is detected and test the protect function. In addition, there are LED indicators to let you see that the system is operational and to indicate when the equipment protection circuitry has been activated.
Icom IC-PW2 1kW HF+ 6m Amplifier
On August 31, 2019, Icom Co., Ltd. announced the IC-PW2 - 1kW linear amplifier in the HF + 50MHz band at its booth at Ham Fair 2019. Full power, full duty specification that uses LDMOS for the final...
HF/VHF/UHF SDR ICOM “IC-705” Transceiver A new HF +50/144/430 Mhz transceiver will be shown and announced on "HAM FAIR 2019" on August 31st (Sat) and 1st (Sun) September 2019 in Tokyo. ICOM "IC-705" 10 Watts of power with new SDR technology.
PTRX-7300 Panorama Adaptor for the IC-7300
A panorama adapter for the IC-7300? What's the point, you might ask, the IC-7300 has such a nice spectrum and waterfall display? Right, but unfortunately the IC-7300 has no output for an external display....