The RC-28 IP Remote Control System, allows Radio Amateurs to remotely operate selected Icom amateur transceivers. The software comes complete with remote control USB encoder and will work with the IC-7200, IC-7410, IC-7600 and IC-9100 with a USB cable, and with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7000, IC-7400, IC-7700 and IC-7800 with a RS-232C cable.
MAJOR SELLING POINTS
– The RC-28 IP Remote Control System allows you to use the radio installed in another room using your home network or even from a remote location over the Internet.
– Low voice latency (caused by the RS-BA1) provides the same operational experience as using an actual radio.
– The remote control USB encoder provides control of this system. It utilises the same tuning knob and encoder used on Icom HF radios, providing a tactile option for the RS-BA1 software. Includes a sturdy PTT and two user-programmable function keys.
Advanced Remote Control Interface Tailored to Icom Transceivers
– Most functions and modes of your transceiver, including interference rejection functions and IF filter settings, can be controlled. Also, S-meter and SWR can be observed.
– Rx Voice recording function.
The RS-BA1 software itself consists of two component software applications; System configuration software and remote control software. The system configuration software sets up IP address, audio sampling rate and other settings. The remote control software provides a user interface, similar to the radio’s front panel, and allows you to control the radio from a remote location.
Connection with the IC-7600, IC-7410, IC-7200 or IC-9100
The IC-7600, IC-7410, IC-7200 or IC-9100 can be connected to a PC with a USB cable and the input/output audio signal and CI-V command is sent through the USB cable.
Connection with the IC-7700 & IC-7800
The IC-7800 or IC-7700 can be connected to a PC with a RS-232C cable plus S/P DIF or ACC cable. *
Connection with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7400 or IC-7000
The IC-756PROIII, IC-7400 or IC-7000 can be connected to a PC with an audio cable and RS-232C cable through CT-17 CI-V level converter.*
*RS-BA1 operation with the Base station’s PC connected to the radio’s ACC socket, MIC connector, or S/P DIF jack for audio communication cannot be guaranteed. Depending on your radio, a few functions or modes cannot be used, or you need to update the radio’s firmware to operate the CW keyer, using the RS-BA1.
– Remote Control USB Encoder
– CD (including the RS-BA1 instruction manual, the RS-BA1 installer, the USB driver and the USB driver installation guide)
– USB cable (A-B type)
– Installation guides
Operating System requirements
Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32/34bit)
Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32/34bit)
Microsoft® Windows® XP (SP3 or later)
Network data speed requirement
For the transceiver location:Upload 500 kbps, or faster
Download 350 kbps, or faster
For the Remote location:Upload 350 kbps, or faster
Download 500 kbps, or faster
(When the default audio quality is used)
All stated features and specifications may be subject to change without notice.
Icom IC-PW2 1kW HF+ 6m Amplifier
On August 31, 2019, Icom Co., Ltd. announced the IC-PW2 - 1kW linear amplifier in the HF + 50MHz band at its booth at Ham Fair 2019. Full power, full duty specification that uses LDMOS for the final...
HF/VHF/UHF SDR ICOM “IC-705” Transceiver A new HF +50/144/430 Mhz transceiver will be shown and announced on "HAM FAIR 2019" on August 31st (Sat) and 1st (Sun) September 2019 in Tokyo. ICOM "IC-705" 10 Watts of power with new SDR technology.
PTRX-7300 Panorama Adaptor for the IC-7300
A panorama adapter for the IC-7300? What's the point, you might ask, the IC-7300 has such a nice spectrum and waterfall display? Right, but unfortunately the IC-7300 has no output for an external display....