RigExpert TI-5 is an electronic device designed to operate phone, CW, and digital modes using personal computer and transceiver. Previously, a TNC or sound card was needed for this purpose, along with lots of cables, occupying computer sound card and serial ports. All of this is not needed anymore. Following up-to-date technology, USB interface is chosen to connect RigExpert TI-5 to your computer. No additional interface circuit needed for transceiver connection.
RigExpert TI-5 combines:
o Transceiver audio interface for operating digital modes, voice recording and playback – a totally compatible sound card for any ham radio software.
o Ability to connect external microphone and foot switch for using the interface to operate SSB or FM in combination with voice recording software.
o CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) system, which controls transceiver frequency, mode and other functions by computer, supporting various models of transceivers.
o FSK operation to get crystal-clear RTTY signal.
o Built-in electronic CW keyer (using the popular WINKEY version 10 chip).
RigExpert TI-5 features:
* Along with any soundcard software, operates phone, CW, PSK31, RTTY, Packet, AMTOR, MFSK, THROB, MT63, Hellschreiber, SSTV, and many other modes. No TNC required!
* Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7, as well as Mac OS and Linux compatible.
* Makes free computer soundcard and COM ports previously used for operating digital modes.
* USB connection to computer.
* Single 25-pin connector for transceiver connection.
* CAT interface tested with Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Ten-Tec, Elecraft and JRC transceivers. The device is able to work with any future type of transceiver.
* Transformer coupled audio input and output to minimize interference.
* Shielded aluminum case.
* Comprehensive documentation and support.
Antennas Remote Lightning Protection
Amateur Radio Antenna Remote Disconnect for Lightning Protection from alk on Vimeo.
Video by Art K4FWJ
A single lightning strike can destroy thousands of dollars worth of radio equipment. Experienced...