Mosquita is a typical “Made in Old Europe” Kit-Design.
What does this mean?
1. European HAMs know it, US HAMs may have heard about it: Short wave in Europe is a strange thing. Hundreds of high power BC stations cause extrem high signal levels even at smaller antennas in Europe. At winter evenings it is quite normal that a Receiver must handle up to 300mV and more. That?s the reason that typical European Receivers are using a selectiv frontend.
2. “Made in Europe” means: Technical better solutions determine the design. We prefer less compromizes even if this makes it more difficult to sell the kits because it gets a little more expensive uneasier to build the kit.
E.G. Mosquita is offering a full 5 Watt PA using an oversized 2SC1969 transistor. This helps during portable operation where very often the antennas are not so well matched. Mosquita is probably the smallest kit offering a fully functionally AGC with > 90dB dynamic. To get this, we had to use some extra parts on the small footprint – this makes it more complicated to assemble the kit, but we are sure, a real HAM who wants to get the best rig for portable use will be able to handle it.
What do you get if have built Miss Mosquita?
* A fully equipped 40 m CW Transceiver ( DDS Versions of Mosquita will be available for 80m 40, 30, 20m starting June 2006 )
* single conversion superhet with a 6 pole Cohn filter
* filter bandwith of some 500 Hz (40 m version)
* VFO tunable over the entire CW segment
* Sensitivity about 0.4 µV (By design reduced because the < 0,1 uV of the prototypes is ways to much due to Antenna noise at 40m of abt 0,8 uV
* AGC on the IF, more than 90 dB of dynamic range
* Adjustable transmitter output of up to 5 W on 40 meters
* Efficiency of PA of more than 70%
* Soft keying of the transmitter
* Monitor side tone facility
* Working voltage of 10-14 Volts
* Working current, RX 30 mA, TX+RX some 380 mA. Pout= 2W at E=12.5 Volts.
* Optional RIT
Starting in April 2006 Mosquita got a new, more functionally enclosure. It?s made from a very stable 100mm x 100mm x 25mm Aluminia Profile and offers space for usable optional Addons like the Universal RIT, a PK4 keyer, the Micro SWR Meter, a PLL CW Indicator and even a Digital readout.
The Basic Mosquita now contains: Double sided PCB, all parts, enclosure, 10 turn pot with mechanical Readout, all Jacks.
MINI Morse button BaMaKeY EHT-II MINI Morse button BaMaKeY EHT-II.
Miniature Morse button
Ideal for QRP transceivers and portable applications
Made of high-strength aluminum.
Red anodized surface
Handmade CW keys by RA1AOM CW FOREVER !
You must have at times,
Thought into the past,
Where some things go out
While others last
What comes to my mind is
The old Morse code,
That has weathered the storms
9A5N Solid State CW Paddle – new sense of CW keying Photo by DM9EE
9A5N Solid state CW paddle is completely new product in the world of telegraphy keys. Innovative idea of detection finger pressing to paddle lever(s) eliminates moving parts typical for mechanical...