NI-CO Public Enterprises Ltd (NI-CO)
Public Sector (non for profit organisation) based in Northern Ireland
Closing date: 28 May 2010
Location: Saint Helena – Jamestown Hospital, St Helena
On behalf of the St Helena Government, we seek to appoint a suitably experienced individual for the post of RADIOGRAPHER for this one year, full-time post on St Helena Island in the South Atlantic Ocean:
Applications are invited from experienced State Registered Radiographers to provide specialist radiography/ultrasonography services to the population of St Helena. It is expected that candidates will have at least 5 years post qualification experience in general radiography and ultrasound.
Salary Scale: ?30-38k per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
Travel to and from the Island will be paid.
1. To manage and develop the existing x-ray and ultrasound service
2. To supervise and train trainees
3. To deliver the NVQ training programme (level 3) in Clinical Imaging to identified nurses in order that they achieve assistant practitioner status
4. To maintain a good radiographic standard and professional technical knowledge provide training to staff in a number of key areas to be agreed with SMO/ CD, possibly as a result of a training needs analysis if required
5. To seek distant telemedicine advice if/as requested by SMO/MO
6. To develop and undertake regular audits and participate in clinical governance meetings when required
7. To provide radiographic support to the dental section
8. To liaise with other hospital staff
Competency Requirements for this consultancy:
– Diploma College of Radiographers or BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
– Must be a State Registered Radiographer
– Possession of Diploma in Ultrasound
– Must have previous experience in degree student assessment/training and must be able to demonstrate evidence of this, as well as evidence of teaching experience
– Must have at least 5 years post qualification experience in general radiography and ultrasound
– Must have knowledge of PACS
– Must be able to work with automatic processing, stationary grids and manual exposure factors
– Possession of NVQ Assessor qualification is desirable
– Must have good management skills
– Must be a good team player
– Must be confident and of a pleasant demeanour
– Must be reliable and be able to work without supervision
– Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Must be computer literate
How to apply
Further information for applicants and application material is available online from: http://www.nico.org.uk/recruitment
or alternatively please contact Mrs Angela Cory at NI-CO, 25-27 Franklin Street, Belfast BT2 8DS Fax +44 28 9024 9730 / E-mail: email@example.com
CY9C St.Paul Island DXpedition 2016
Callsign: CY9C DXpedition
Date: 21 August 2016
QRV: 10.114 KHz
QTH: St. Paul Island / Canada
P5DX-what could have been….
This morning, I had to cancel a DXpedition. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life. It was not for lack of permission, it was not for lack of a team and equipment willing to go.