The VBI-360 is an electronic device that connects to your serial port or existing rotor control box to show your antenna’s directive pattern on a Great Circle map. As you rotate your beam its coverage is clearly indicated by a selective group of LEDs around the periphery of the map.
As seen in Funkamateur Magazine (December 2010), QST Magazine (April 2010, Vintage Radio Column, page 94 and February 2010, page 112) and CQ Magazine (January 2009, page 73)!
All displays are new, custom built, plug and play ready.
Everything required is included:
* Your custom map mounted in an aluminum frame constructed of a high quality extrusion, anodized with a matte black finish
* Cables: 10 ft length (Std) Modular RJ12 and DB9
* Wall Transformer: +12Vdc
* Instruction manual included with schematic
* Yaesu control cable interface – 8″ long x six pin (JST Connector)
* 2 year warranty covering parts & labor
* Ground Shipping & Insurance
The antenna controller is originally set to its forward direction while rotating. The reverse direction is then commanded from the antenna controller for a brief period and then commanded to the bidirectional position, also for a brief period. Finally, the antenna controller is commanded back to the forward direction while rotating back to its starting point.
Antennas Remote Lightning Protection
Amateur Radio Antenna Remote Disconnect for Lightning Protection from alk on Vimeo.
Video by Art K4FWJ
A single lightning strike can destroy thousands of dollars worth of radio equipment. Experienced...